Friday, March 25, 2011

Chapter 34

Lei'd at last!
I'm talking about my book life; not my social life!
The third novel in my Lady Justice series, Lady Justice Gets Lei'd was released on March 22nd, 2011.
Lei'd, along with the first two novels in the series, Lady Justice Takes A C.R.A.P. City Retiree Action Patrol and Lady Justice And The Lost Tapes, are all now available for worldwide distribution.
It has been two months since Tate Publishing released the first two novels and I'll admit I was somewhat skeptical about the marketing and publicity support that was promised.
While the jury is still out, I am pleased with the results so far.
As a beginning self-published author, I couldn't get the biggies like Barnes & Noble to give me the time of day.
So far, Tate has scheduled book signing events at the big Barnes & Noble on the Country Club Plaza and at a Hastings Bookstore.
They tell me that the media team is busy contacting more venues for future events.
Since Lady Justice Gets Lei'd is set in Hawaii, Peg and I have a two week trip planned for Maui. Tate is working on scheduling book signing events on the island to introduce the new release.
The multi-media department at Tate prepared video trailers for the first two books and are working on the trailer for #3.
The trailers are 15 second spots that are to be aired on Discovery, Fox News, History Channel, Lifetime, Food Network, TLC, A&E, HGTV, ESPN, USA Network, CNN Headline News, AMC, Angel One, Animal Planet, The Weather Channel and CMT.
I was surprised to receive an email with an audio ad that had been aired on 342 radio stations creating 10,000 impressions.
Press releases were sent to radio and television stations as well as newspapers in the Greater Kansas City area.
So far --- so good.
I have learned that writing the book is the easiest part (at least it is for me) of this whole process.
Books don't get read unless people know they're out there and the monumental task of marketing is most certainly a joint effort of the publisher and the author.
I finished the manuscript for the fourth installment in the Lady Justice series, Lady Justice And The Avenging Angels.
Contracts have been signed and production starts in May.
I am hoping for a release date before the end of the year.
Wow! What a ride!
It was almost exactly two years ago that I wrote the first word of my first book at the ripe old age of sixty-six.
Now, four mystery/comedy novels, seven chapter books for children, a cookbook and a mini-biography later, I'm having the time of my life.
Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks?
Website
Video Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment